CLEANSE, MOISTURIZE, & PROTECT DAILY!
If you want youthful-looking skin (and who doesn’t?), do 8 things daily:
- Liberally apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen of at least SPF 30 before leaving the house. Ask anybody in the industry for their #1 beauty or anti-aging tip, and you’ll always get the same answer. If you’re going to be outside, don’t forget to reapply. No matter how high your SPF is, you still need to reapply every 2 hours to prevent premature sun spots and wrinkles! We recommend Pro-derm SPF 50+ Powder ($56) for daily usage, and Alumier’s Sheer Hydration SPF 42 ($48) for a versatile tint and for a sun-kissed look all year-round.
- Remove all makeup and gently cleanse your face every night before bed. For winter time, we recommend Alumier’s Sensicalm Cleanser ($55), a gentle and soothing creamy cleanser specifically designed for sensitive and rednss-prone skin.
- Follow up with a nighttime moisturizer before drifting off to dreamland. The moisturizer will not only slow down aging effects, but it’s also key to preventing redness and flaking from the harsher ingredients used in skin care products. Our team at Dermace recommend Alumier’s HydraDew Moisturizer ($60) for these cold winter months, an intensely hydrating cream loaded with antioxidants and peptides.
- Stay Hydrated ! Water is a great thing, and your skin needs a lot of it. Drink as much as you need throughout the course of a day. Try keeping a water bottle with you always.
- Sleep & Diet. As many of you already know, getting those 8 hours of ZZZs is just as important to your mind and body as it is for your skin. Not only can sleep help you keep those dark circles under your eyes at bay, but it also reduces stress, a primary cause of acne! A poor diet can cause breakouts too, along with sullen-looking skin, whereas a good diet can provide your body with all the nutrients you need for great skin!
- Throw away old skin care. Once it expires, it won’t do any good to your skin, but it can definitely do some bad.
- Professional treatment . Just like an oil change for your car, we need regular & professional maintenance for our skin. This will keep your skin looking its absolute best! We recommend Photorejuvenation ($119) and Professional Peels (starting from $125) in the winter time.
- Last but not least, do not pick at your skin! This may be the most difficult of all the skin care resolutions there are. Picking at blemishes makes them last longer, and it can also result in scarring and increased breakouts. Leave them alone, treat them properly (Alumier’s Spot Acne Treatment, $28), and be patient. It’s worth it!